INSTRUCTIONS FOR LIFE Dalai Lama
1. Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
3. Follow the 3 R’s:
Respect for self
Respect for other’s and
Responsibility for all your actions
4. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck
5. Learn the rules so that you know how to break them properly
6. Don’t let a little dispute injure a great relationship.
7. When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
8. Spend some time alone every day.
9. Open arms to change, but don’t let go of your values
10. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer
11. Live a good, honourable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll be able to enjoy it a second time.
12. A loving atmosphere in your home is your foundation.
13. In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don’t bring up the past
14. Share you knowledge. It’s a great way to achieve immortality.
15. Be gentle with the earth.
16. Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before
17. Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.
18. Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
19. Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.